Anonymous yet personal, this Blog chronicles
the daily events and musings of Jim.
It provides an easy way for his friends and family to check in on him,
and serves as a online repository for his random
thoughts, kaleidoscopic flashbacks, and writings on an array of diverse topics.
“Deconstructing Jim” is simply here to
entertain you, but not intended for college credit.

A little about me

My photo
Chapel Hill, NC, United States

Blog Archive

Labels

Art (27) Birthday (3) Book Review (4) Boston (39) CD Review (2) Celebrations (10) Concert Review (39) Dreams (4) Education (5) Employment (11) Factoid (26) Family (28) Flashback (40) Flying (6) Food (22) Friends (8) Fun (14) Health (3) Holland (5) Movies (9) Music (261) Nature (12) NY (8) Obit (8) Poetry (6) Random thoughts (99) Science (12) Sports (6) Tech (34) Travel (27) Weird stuff (28) Woodwind Quintet (1)

Sunday, July 6, 2008

4 "Country and Western" songs by Aunt Effy



The C&W album "The Butcher's Daughter" by Aunt Effy


was recorded from May to October 1967 at


R.C.A. Victor's Nashville Recording Studio.



From the album these four songs were released on two 45 rpm singles by the
Appalachia Record Company.


Orchestra director: Wayne Moss
Recording engineer: William Vandervort
Arranger and producer: Phil Moore
Photography: J. Russotti

(click on Song Titles to play in your media player. It may take a minute to download.)

The official Press Release to Radio Station's read as follows....


Having recently completed our recording sessions at R.C.A. - Victor's Nashville Studio, my producer, Mr. Phil Moore released the enclosed two singles.

Perhaps the essence of my "sound" lies in the manner in which I dramatize the lyrics. I find that acting out the songs gives depth and a more realistic expression to the words and music. There is a feeling of immediateness of the happening, of making theater and the creation of a picture.

The heroines of my songs are simple country folks. Warm and earthy and of many moods, these women have strong feelings toward love, poverty, salvation and sex.

Out of my grass roots in West Virginia, as Aunt Effy, I hope the songs that I have recorded give both pleasure and inspiration. I want to do more than sing - I want to say something.

In our sophisticated and affluent society, perhaps these simple songs of heartache, hardship, human values and horse sense will make a meaningful social comment.

I sincerely thank you for your cooperation.

Very truly yours,
Aunt Effy

------------------------

No comments: